Emotional Mastery Part 2: Needs and the Primary Forces for Decision and Shifting Behavior | Dr. Cristy Lopez & Dan Kuschell
Are you aware of what really drives you? Or the controlling forces that dictate why you do what you do?
Today you’ll get more peace of mind, confidence, and a sense of freedom from Dr. Cristy Lopez. She’s a psychologist, Coach, and has been an expert on TV shows like Dr. Phil, Downsized, and more. She helps people in transition create the life they want – in their career, business, life, and relationships. She is uniquely qualified to show you how to transform your life by mastering Emotional Mastery, Needs, and the Primary Forces that Drive Behavior – to achieve greater freedom, growth, clarity, and more.
Here’s a glance of the strategies you’ll walk away with today:
- Our emotional state is really a physiological state that shows up and based on needs – going toward pleasure or away from pain;
- The Two Primary Forces that drive you to make decisions and behavior: Pleasure and Pain;
- Where are you moving towards things that are pleasurable, and where in your life are you move away from pain;
- Why you may even find yourself moving towards pain (and what to do to get more of what you want);
- The Dual Whammy of Physiology and Psychology that drive your behaviors (good and bad);
- What to do if you have a bad habit like smoking, over-eating, workaholism and more with the L.I.I. Strategy (HINT: 1) Leverage: Identify why you have to shift it; 2) Interrupt the behavioral pattern; 3) Install a new replacement that is supportive);
- The Whack-A-Mole Process that keeps us married to unhealthy habits;
What to do if you find yourself saying: “I don’t know why I do what I do”;
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs for Motivation: Basic Physiological Needs, Security and Safety, Connection, Community, Social, Self Esteem Needs, Self-Actualization, Cognitive Learning Needs, Aesthetic and Beauty, Transcendence;
- Tony Robbins Six Core Needs: Certainty, Uncertainty, Significance, Connection & Love, Growth, and Contribution;
- “If you’re repeating old habits it’s because you don’t have awareness around needs”;
- How to find out your values – Two steps you can take now to identify your core values: Look at the ways you provide feedback to others and ask the question: What do I value most?
- “If you don’t get to the core root or need, it will be temporary and you’ll repeat bad habits over and over”;
- The Five-Step Process for Needs: Identify and label your needs; Express your need in the first person as I need ______ ; Ask for your need: …the 2 ways you can help me with that is ______; Fill your own needs; Work to complement each other;
The Questions you can ask to get deeper and find out if it’s the core need: What does it do for me? What does it give me?
- How and why the movie Jerry McGuire has screwed up relationships with the framework: “You complete me”;
- The Lie about Being Selfish as it relates to your needs;
- And much, much, more…
Dr. Cristy Lopez can help you transform your life, career, marriage, and relationships. Whether you’re a busy executive or in a career transition, need help with your marriage, or a life coach, she can show you how to transform your life, career, business, and relationships.
Contact Dr. Cristy Lopez by going to http://www.cristylopezphd.com or contact her office at 602-323-7824.
Get access to the full show here at: http://www.growthtofreedom.com/22
Get more clarity, capabilities, and confidence and join us for a new show at http://www.growthtofreedom.com
ABOUT DAN KUSCHELL:
Dan Kuschell is a success driven business growth strategist, a media contributor, and thought leader. He helps entrepreneurs, leaders, and business owners grow and scale their companies 10x by driving the flow of elegant ideas, execution, and team-culture for greater clarity, confidence, and direction. Dan has been recognized worldwide for creating results with his resources, books, and strategies.
Meet Dan at http://www.DanKuschell.com
Get more access to Dan’s wisdom here: http://www.youtube.com/ChampionVision
Watch/Listen to the show: http://www.growthtofreedom.com
Tweet us at: https://twitter.com/dan_kuschell
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/dankuschellpage
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dankuschell/