The Million Dollar One-Person Business with Elaine Pofeldt [PODCAST 149]
Have you ever thought to yourself, “I’m just a little guy in business, how can I really go out and compete against big businesses?” Is there any hope for small business leaders and entrepreneurs to succeed in today’s marketplace?
Today’s conversation is with Elaine Pofeldt, a freelance writer, editor and ghostwriter who has recently worked with publications including The Economist, Fortune, Money, Inc., CNBC, Crain’s New York Business, Forbes and many others. Entrepreneurship, small business and careers are her specialties. She is also author of the new book “The Million-Dollar, One-Person Business”
In this segment, Elaine shares how business leaders like you can get your message out, take advantage of digital media, focus on your mission, and make an impact in your industry. Don’t buy the lie that it’s too risky to go into business for yourself!
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn in this show:
- Guest expert Elaine Pofeldt; [1:50]
- Elaine talks about her background; [5:00]
- Why Elaine came up with the “Million Dollar One Person Business” [7:00]
- The advantage of digital media; [10:00]
- Dealing with the biggest struggle as an entrepreneur; [13:00]
- Tips on how to get your message out; [15:00]
- How important is it to have a mission? [20:30]
- The most surprising aspect Elaine has learned from her research; [23:00]
- Elaine’s advice for business leaders just starting out; [27:30]
- What is the role of risk in the marketplace? [29:00]
- What is Elaine’s superpower? [33:00]
- And more…
Resources mentioned on this episode:
- NEVER miss an episode of Growth To Freedom click HERE to subscribe!
- Connect with us on Twitter: twitter.com/dan_kuschell
- Have a question? Send us an email: info[at]growthtofreedom.com
- The Million-Dollar, One-Person Business
- Elaine Pofeldt
Want to get more clients, grow, and scale your business? We show business owners how to implement automated sales, marketing and hiring systems so you can have a bigger impact, reach, and contribution. Go here for our free video training now at: http://www.championbusinessblueprint.com
Have you struggled with Hiring? Wouldn’t be great to get someone who could bring you more sales, or help you get more off your plate? According to research by Glassdoor, you are 5 times more likely to make a bad hire without a proven process or system for hiring. Bradley Smart estimates the cost of a bad hire between 7 and 24 times of someone’s annual earnings. Factor that a bad hire could cost you between $40k and over $225K, it’s no wonder many business owners shy away from hiring. It’s not your fault and you don’t have to leave it to chance. Get your copy of the Free Ultimate Hiring Blueprint Today. Go here for your copy right now.
This show brought to you by Done for You Solutions. Outsourcing doesn’t have to be difficult. Whether you’re looking for customer service, optimizing your website, or a virtual assistant to help with reporting, data, or research, Done for You Solutions can help. I’ve used Done for You Solutions for years and they help simplify. Click here to learn more and let the founder Ric Thompson know that you heard about him from our show.
Genius Network is the place high level entrepreneurs go for collaboration, contribution, and connections not available anywhere else. Members get strategies for exponential growth and opportunities for deal making, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and more. Membership is by application only. Click here to learn more. I was one of the original members when Joe started it in 2007. You can also learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event here – which is the one time per year the group is opened to non-members.
People mentioned on this episode: