Making Connections that Leverage Your Network to Become Useful, Resourceful, Powerful, with Judy Robinett [PODCAST 74]
Do you have trouble making connections? Do you feel awkward or uncertain of yourself when you are in a crowded room or event?
Today’s episode is all about helping you get a break through in that area. Today’s guest is Judy Robinett, an expert at making connections that not only build relationships but that also increase the level of value and influence you experience in life or business.
Judy’s new book, “How To Become A Power Connector” is selling like hotcakes because she gives such simple tips for building meaningful connections. If you’ll take the time to listen to this episode you’ll walk away with some practical mindset shifts and tactics that will make you more of a power connector yourself.
Would you like to add value to the super influential people in your niche or industry?
Judy Robinett says that’s the best way you can gain their ear and get on their radar so that you can begin building valuable relationships with those people. The good news is that anyone can add value to influencers because even they have needs.
The key is to learn about them, ask them questions, and find out what they need – and more importantly, how you can meet that need. It’s a surefire way to get noticed by influencers and become an asset they won’t soon forget.
These are just some of the things Judy shares on this episode of Growth to Freedom. You’ll learn how to spot and avoid “bad actors,” why you SHOULD talk to strangers, what it means to be memorable, and more.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn in this show:
- Dan’s welcome to you and the introduction to today’s show; [0:31]
- The way Judy thinks of herself in high school; [2:54]
- What does it mean to be “scrappy?” [3:56]
- The biggest myths and mistakes about networking; [5:54]
- What Judy means by “follow the money” to be a power connector; [7:06]
- How to add value to super influential people; [8:30]
- Identifying the “bad actors” in the room and how NOT to be one; [12:38]
- The importance of talking TO strangers; [15:17]
- What generosity communicates about you and does for you; [16:34]
- What does it mean to “Be Memorable?”; [17:28]
- The two questions that engage people in YOUR cause; [20:55]
- The number one question Judy asks everyone; [23:24]
- How you can reach Judy; [25:08]
- The 5-50-150 rule Judy follows for effective networking; [25:53]
- Why you need to own your own power; [28:54]
- Judy’s lowest point and what she learned from it; [29:57]
- The most important action steps you can take; [31:53]
- What Judy would tell her 20 year old self if she could; [33:20]
- The best thing you could do to help Judy with her greatest needs; [35:18]
Get in touch with JUDY ROBINETT
Resources mentioned on this episode:
This show brought to you by Done for You Solutions. Outsourcing doesn’t have to be difficult. Whether you’re looking for customer service, optimizing your website, or a virtual assistant to help with reporting, data, or research, Done for You Solutions can help. I’ve used Done for You Solutions for years and they help simplify. Click here to learn more and let the founder Ric Thompson know that you heard about him from our show.
Genius Network is the place high level entrepreneurs go for collaboration, contribution, and connections not available anywhere else. Members get strategies for exponential growth and opportunities for deal making, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and more. Membership is by application only. Click here to learn more. I was one of the original members when Joe started it in 2007 and today I get to help grow the company in my current role. You can also learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event here – which is the one time per year the group is opened to non-members.
People mentioned on this episode:
ABOUT DAN KUSCHELL:
Dan Kuschell is a success driven business growth strategist, a media contributor, and thought leader. He helps entrepreneurs, leaders, and business owners grow and scale their companies 10x by driving the flow of elegant ideas, execution, and team-culture for greater clarity, confidence, and direction. Dan has been recognized worldwide for creating results with his resources, books, and strategies.
Meet Dan at http://www.DanKuschell.com
Get more access to Dan’s wisdom here: http://www.youtube.com/ChampionVision
Watch/Listen to the show: http://www.growthtofreedom.com
Tweet us at: https://twitter.com/dan_kuschell
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/dankuschellpage
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dankuschell