How to build a New Media platform, What is Your What, The Rule of 1000, and Influencer Marketing with Steve Olsher [PODCAST 56]
What could happen in your life in business if you were able to get personalized advice from the coach and leader who has reinvented himself and his brand many times over?
On this episode of Growth to Freedom, you meet Steve Olsher, author of the incredibly useful book, “What is Your What,” host of Reinvention Radio and founder of www.PushButtonInfluence.com. Steve is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to building a platform in the New Media age that we live in today. On this episode you are going to hear Steve’s advice about what entrepreneurs and businesses can do to get their name and brand out there in the New Media world – so you can have make a bigger impact and contribution.
If you are ready to build your brand and get the exposure and influence you need, the first question you have to answer is, “What is your what?”
What is it that you offer to the world that no one else is offering? What is it you can do and how can you do it in ways that are unique to you and tap into a specific group of people?
When you are able to answer those questions effectively you’ll be well on your way to knowing what you need to establish and promote using the “New Media” landscape.
Those who don’t are destined to flounder and fall over and over. Find out how you can avoid this pitfall on Growth to Freedom.
You’ll also discover who it is you are uniquely designed to serve and help. Once you’re clear on who your niche audience is, you will be able to specialize your products and services to meet their exact needs and you’ll have the momentum to create a raving fan base that supports your efforts and content.
On this episode of Growth to Freedom, Steve Olsher will guide you in understanding how you can leverage your greatest advantages and get access to his book, “What is Your What?,” and a list of influencers that can help you increase your reach and influence.. Don’t miss these two great resources that Steve shares during this episode.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn in this show:
- [0:31] How to tap into the New Media Platform
- [0:40] Reinventing YOU: meet the founder of liquor.com Steve Olsher
- [2:00] How the Internet has changed since Compuserve;
- [3:10] How to learn from your mistakes;
- [8:10] Why moving forward is your best option when you face uncertainty;
- [13:22] What advice does Steve give to kids and beginning entrepreneurs;
- [17:05] The first question you have to answer is “What is your what?”
- [19:07] What it means to differentiate yourself in the market;
- [20:55] The first steps of getting your brand and name out in the market;
- [23:45] Push communication VS Pull communication;
- [25:19] The first things Steve recommends YOu can do to tap into the new media world today;
- [26:47] The biggest mistake newbies make when trying to get into the new media world;
- [30:57] How Blab can help you get more exposure and clients;
- [32:26] Mistakes to avoid in building your media platform;
- [34:56] Why you need to get super clear on who you are able to serve;
- [35:56] The rule of 1000: What is it and how does it work?
- [36:51] and much more…
Get in touch with Steve Olsher:
Grab Steve’s book for free: www.WhatIsYourWhat.com/free
The directory of push button influencers: www.PushButtonInfluence.com/EBC
Resources mentioned on this episode:
This show brought to you by Done for You Solutions. Outsourcing doesn’t have to be difficult. Whether you’re looking for customer service, optimizing your website, or a virtual assistant to help with reporting, data, or research, Done for You Solutions can help. I’ve used Done for You Solutions for years and they help simplify. Click here to learn more and let the founder Ric Thompson know that you heard about him from our show.
Genius Network is the place high level entrepreneurs go for collaboration, contribution, and connections not available anywhere else. Members get strategies for exponential growth and opportunities for deal making, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and more. Membership is by application only. Click here to learn more. I was one of the original members when Joe started it in 2007 and today I get to help grow the company in my current role. You can also learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event here – which is the one time per year the group is opened to non-members.
People mentioned on this episode:
ABOUT DAN KUSCHELL:
Dan Kuschell is a success driven business growth strategist, a media contributor, and thought leader. He helps entrepreneurs, leaders, and business owners grow and scale their companies 10x by driving the flow of elegant ideas, execution, and team-culture for greater clarity, confidence, and direction. Dan has been recognized worldwide for creating results with his resources, books, and strategies.
Meet Dan at http://www.DanKuschell.com
Get more access to Dan’s wisdom here: http://www.youtube.com/ChampionVision
Watch/Listen to the show: http://www.growthtofreedom.com
Tweet us at: https://twitter.com/dan_kuschell
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/dankuschellpage
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dankuschell