An Exit Strategy Approach To Building A Business, Value Drivers For Maximum Growth, and Game Changing Strategies for Your Business with Kevin Waldron [PODCAST 84]
What is the end game for your business?
Are you looking to sell it or just get to place where you spend more time working on the business (instead of in it).
Either way, it’s great to begin with the end in mind… in other words with an exit strategy in mind. It’s a smarter way to build a business – and not create a job. And our guest today: Kevin Waldron, has a unique approach to be able to do just that.
On this episode, Kevin shares 5 principles he calls “value drivers” that will help you structure your business so that it’s attractive to a potential buyer but also enables you to live the life of freedom you want, even if you don’t want to sell it.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn in this show:
- Dan’s welcome to you and the introduction to today’s show; [0:32]
- What would you do if you had the time to do it? [0:50]
- The biggest mistakes Kevin sees entrepreneurs making – and why; [3:08]
- How founders and entrepreneurs can become addicted to the chaos; [6:23]
- Kevin’s story of coming from Scotland to the U.S. [12:28]
- Value drivers that are vehicles for maximum growth; [16:14]
- What it means when client relationships become institutionalized; [20:19]
- The importance of a diverse and profitable client base; [22:38]
- Operational systems and processes that support growth are key; [24:31]
- Why marketing and branding must be institutionalized; [27:06]
- How you can connect with Kevin; [28:56]
- Strategies that have been the biggest game changers for Kevin and his clients; [29:58]
- The legacy Kevin wants to leave his family; [36:12]
Get in touch with KEVIN WALDRON
Resources mentioned on this episode:
- www.SmartBusinessRevolution.com – episode 3 is with Kevin and John Corcoran;
This show brought to you by Done for You Solutions. Outsourcing doesn’t have to be difficult. Whether you’re looking for customer service, optimizing your website, or a virtual assistant to help with reporting, data, or research, Done for You Solutions can help. I’ve used Done for You Solutions for years and they help simplify. Click here to learn more and let the founder Ric Thompson know that you heard about him from our show.
Genius Network is the place high level entrepreneurs go for collaboration, contribution, and connections not available anywhere else. Members get strategies for exponential growth and opportunities for deal making, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and more. Membership is by application only. Click here to learn more. I was one of the original members when Joe started it in 2007 and today I get to help grow the company in my current role. You can also learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event here – which is the one time per year the group is opened to non-members.
People mentioned on this episode:
- John Corcoran – www.GrowthToFreedom.com/11 – Episode with John
- Jeremy Weisz – www.GrowthToFreedom.com/14 – Episode with Jeremy
- Michael Gerber
ABOUT DAN KUSCHELL:
Dan Kuschell is a success driven business growth strategist, a media contributor, and thought leader. He helps entrepreneurs, leaders, and business owners grow and scale their companies 10x by driving the flow of elegant ideas, execution, and team-culture for greater clarity, confidence, and direction. Dan has been recognized worldwide for creating results with his resources, books, and strategies.
Meet Dan at http://www.DanKuschell.com
Get more access to Dan’s wisdom here: http://www.youtube.com/ChampionVision
Watch/Listen to the show: http://www.growthtofreedom.com
Tweet us at: https://twitter.com/dan_kuschell
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/dankuschellpage
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dankuschell