Mark Winters on Friction Free Business Relationships, Visionary & Integrator Leadership Types, and the Power of the Right Business Combinations [PODCAST 39]
As a leader in your family or business, have you found that at times there can be friction in the way you, your partner, or stakeholder(s) operate? One type of Leader is the Visionary. The other is the Integrator.
When these two leadership types come together the right way, you get more growth, direction, and impact. On the other hand, when it doesn’t gel, the ride can be incredibly bumpy and in some cases a mess.
Today’s conversation centers around his most recent book which he co-authored with Gino Wickman, “ RocketFuel: The One Essential Combination That Will Get Your More of What You Want from Your Business.” This focuses on the main point of the book, that business leaders typically fall into one of two categories: Visionary or Integrator. By finding which oneyou are and pairing yourself with a business leader with the opposite set of gifts and skills, your business can accelerate at full momentum.
Mark C. Winters is a seasoned entrepreneur whose business career spans over 25 years. His experience ranges from multi-billion dollar global enterprises like Procter & Gamble and British Petroleum, to startup ventures originally conceived on a napkin over coffee. It’s a background like this that enables him to identify patterns of success as he sees them and apply them to virtually any business scenarios.
In this interview with Dan Kuschell, you’ll discover Mark’s passion for helping entrepreneurs get unstuck. Mark has a talent for introducing just the right combination of perspective and process that sparks ￼teams to start moving in the proper direction with clarity.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn in this show:
- [0:31] Dan’s welcome and introduction to this episode with guest Mark Winters.
- [2:18] Who is Mark Winters? Here’s Dan’s introduction…
- [4:44] Mark’s personal “lowest point” – when he failed the biggest but learned the most.
- [5:54] Overcoming the drive to do it all yourself.
- [7:05] What causes entrepreneurs to keep too much on their own plate?
- [8:10] Why waiting to get the business finances in order is a big mistake.
- [9:10] The problem of teams reacting too slowly to changes that come up.
- [10:98] The “V.I.” combination – what is it and how does it work?
- [14:05] Dan’s “Integrator” score from using the assessment in Mark’s book and how Mark interprets his results.
- [16:49] Dan’s “visionary” score and Mark’s insights into it.
- [18:11] A snapshot of a “visionary” person or leader.
- [20:02] How does this “visionary” aspect apply to you? Or are you an “integrator?”
- [21:02] Characteristics and roles the “integrator” personality may assert.
- [23:58] Why the opportunity for “integrators” to reach great levels of success is bigger than ever.
- [25:24] What happens when two visionaries are together in the leadership?
- [26:29] On overview of the tools available in Mark’s book.
- [27:80] How you can connect with Mark and get his book.
- [28:16] The things that get Mark fired up and give him vision right now.
- [28:19] Creating a platform to bring together visionaries and integrators:Mark’s private group.
- [30:45] Imagine the difference that could happen in your business if you could find the complementary fit for your style?
- [31:25] Can a person be both visionary and integrator?
- [34:44] Why Mark wants you to take his assessments and totally be honest with yourself.
- [35:46] How understanding your type can impact your family relationships.
- [38:07] How can YOU apply these ideas?
Connect with Mark:
Get Mark’s book:
“RocketFuel: The One Essential Combination That Will Get You What You Want From Your Business
Resources mentioned on this episode:
This show brought to you by Done for You Solutions. Outsourcing doesn’t have to be difficult. Whether you’re looking for customer service, optimizing your website, or a virtual assistant to help with reporting, data, or research, Done for You Solutions can help. I’ve used Done for You Solutions for years and they help simplify. Click here to learn more and let the founder Ric Thompson know that you heard about him from our show.
Genius Network is the place high level entrepreneurs go for collaboration, contribution, and connections not available anywhere else. Members get strategies for exponential growth and opportunities for deal making, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and more. Membership is by application only. Click here to learn more. I was one of the original members when Joe started it in 2007 and today I get to help grow the company in my current role. You can also learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event here – which is the one time per year the group is opened to non-members.
People mentioned on this episode:
ABOUT DAN KUSCHELL:
Dan Kuschell is a success driven business growth strategist, a media contributor, and thought leader. He helps entrepreneurs, leaders, and business owners grow and scale their companies 10x by driving the flow of elegant ideas, execution, and team-culture for greater clarity, confidence, and direction. Dan has been recognized worldwide for creating results with his resources, books, and strategies.
Meet Dan at http://www.DanKuschell.com
Get more access to Dan’s wisdom here: http://www.youtube.com/ChampionVision
Watch/Listen to the show: http://www.growthtofreedom.com
Tweet us at: https://twitter.com/dan_kuschell
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/dankuschellpage
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dankuschell/