The Myths of Leadership, How To Empower the 80/20 rule, and Taking Consistent Action Until You Win, with David Shriner-Cahn [PODCAST 63]
What would happen if you improved your leadership just 10%? It would have an exponential impact…
Today’s guest, David Shriner-Cahn, is an expert at helping entrepreneurs become better leaders, while smashing the plateaus that keep them stuck at their current level of success.
On this episode of Growth to Freedom David and I discuss the most common myths around leadership and reveal the simple mindset shifts to create greater impact, contribution, and influence.
David’s company, TEND Strategic Partners, specializes in creating facilitated peer support groups for service organizations, entrepreneurs, and other professionals that want to improve strategic decision making and implement changes to propel their businesses forward. Some of the things they provide for those who are looking to smash their own personal and business plateaus are:
- A safe place to talk freely about issues common to all entrepreneurs and organizations
- Structured guidance to help you break through your toughest issues
- Support to overcome resistance to taking first steps
- Experienced help when the unexpected threatens to derail your best efforts
- Unbiased feedback that enables you to avoid costly mistakes
- Experienced counsel regarding pricing, competition, and changes in your business environment
- Access to expert advice as needed
On this episode David shares some of the foundational issues that he sees leaders missing, the way to empower the 80/20 rule in your organization, how to better say “no” to the less important things, and the role that gratitude plays in living a productive and healthy life.
Here’s a deeper look at what you’ll learn in this segment:
- Dan’s welcome to you and the introduction to today’s show; [0:31]
- The core traits of effective leaders; [1:45]
- Why David believes that collaborative leaders are the best kind for modern times; [3:50]
- The biggest mistakes today’s leaders are making: time and relationships; [6:20]
- The vital skill of “letting go” for entrepreneurs; [8:27]
- What is complexity and how can entrepreneurs navigate it?; [9:45]
- The kind of companies that David works with to help them smash their plateaus; [12:07]
- What David wants to be remembered for; [13:45]
- The people David is grateful for everyday; [14:00]
- Why getting started is the hardest part; [14:24]
- The ways David’s wife has supported and helped him over the years; [15:11]
- The fears that every entrepreneur faces almost daily; [16:15]
- The top books and people who have influenced David; [17:00]
Get in touch with David Shriner-Cahn
Resources mentioned on this episode:
- Previous interview with David Shriner-Cahn www.GrowthToFreedom.com/62
- BOOK: The 4 Hour Work Week
- BOOK: Who
- BOOK: The E-Myth
This show brought to you by Done for You Solutions. Outsourcing doesn’t have to be difficult. Whether you’re looking for customer service, optimizing your website, or a virtual assistant to help with reporting, data, or research, Done for You Solutions can help. I’ve used Done for You Solutions for years and they help simplify. Click here to learn more and let the founder Ric Thompson know that you heard about him from our show.
Genius Network is the place high level entrepreneurs go for collaboration, contribution, and connections not available anywhere else. Members get strategies for exponential growth and opportunities for deal making, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and more. Membership is by application only. Click here to learn more. I was one of the original members when Joe started it in 2007 and today I get to help grow the company in my current role. You can also learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event here – which is the one time per year the group is opened to non-members.
People mentioned on this episode:
ABOUT DAN KUSCHELL:
Dan Kuschell is a success driven business growth strategist, a media contributor, and thought leader. He helps entrepreneurs, leaders, and business owners grow and scale their companies 10x by driving the flow of elegant ideas, execution, and team-culture for greater clarity, confidence, and direction. Dan has been recognized worldwide for creating results with his resources, books, and strategies.
Meet Dan at http://www.DanKuschell.com
Get more access to Dan’s wisdom here: http://www.youtube.com/ChampionVision
Watch/Listen to the show: http://www.growthtofreedom.com
Tweet us at: https://twitter.com/dan_kuschell
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/dankuschellpage
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dankuschell