The Power of Social Capital, Building Wealth, and The Missing Link Between Wealth and Happiness, with Tony Rose [PODCAST 78]
If the amount of social capital you possess could be quantified would you be considered wealthy?
Today’s guest is a guy who has seen the power of social capital demonstrated throughout his career as a CPA. From almost the outset of his career as a CPA he’s learned that it’s not always the people you know who matter the most, but the level of relationships beyond that where the power often resides.
Tony Rose is a senior partner at Rose, Snyder, and Jacob CPA and is the author of two outstanding books that help people like you identify what they really want in life and strategize to make it happen. On today’s episode of Growth to Freedom Tony reveals the major problems people have in building wealth, why many rich people are not happy, and how you can use social capital to expand your reach and open doors of opportunity.
Do you know what the biggest mistake is that people make when it comes to building wealth?
On this episode of Growth to Freedom Tony Rose shares about the 5 types of capital that are essential for every person to develop and how health in those areas will make money problems go away. You won’t want to miss the insights Tony shares on this episode.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn in this show:
- Dan’s welcome to you and the introduction to today’s show; [0:32]
- Who is today’s guest: Tony Rose? [1:01]
- Tony’s different view about the 5 types of capital; [2:15]
- The experience Tony has as a CPA and how he got into the field; [5:16]
- The lowest point Tony experienced and what he learned from it; [7:07]
- The importance of relational capital; [9:47]
- The biggest mistakes people make in building or creating wealth; [12:03]
- How Tony recommends you become more intentional (get out of being fuzzy); [13:47]
- The missing link between wealth and happiness; [16:51]
- How to integrate wealth principles into the family; [19:16]
- Strategic pieces of wisdom that Tony has seen working lately; [23:35]
- What Tony was known as during high school; [29:32]
- The greatest value Tony wants his daughter to learn; [30:30]
- What Tony thanks his family for most at this point in his life; [31:23]
- The definition of “freedom” in Tony’s mind; [34:13]
Get in touch with TONY ROSE
Resources mentioned on this episode:
- BOOK: Say Hello To The Elephants
- BOOK: 5 Eyes on the Fence
- BOOK: Think and Grow Rich
- BOOK: How to Win Friends and Influence People
- BOOK: The Science of Getting Rich
This show brought to you by Done for You Solutions. Outsourcing doesn’t have to be difficult. Whether you’re looking for customer service, optimizing your website, or a virtual assistant to help with reporting, data, or research, Done for You Solutions can help. I’ve used Done for You Solutions for years and they help simplify. Click here to learn more and let the founder Ric Thompson know that you heard about him from our show.
Genius Network is the place high level entrepreneurs go for collaboration, contribution, and connections not available anywhere else. Members get strategies for exponential growth and opportunities for deal making, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and more. Membership is by application only. Click here to learn more. I was one of the original members when Joe started it in 2007 and today I get to help grow the company in my current role. You can also learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event here – which is the one time per year the group is opened to non-members.
People mentioned on this episode:
ABOUT DAN KUSCHELL:
Dan Kuschell is a success driven business growth strategist, a media contributor, and thought leader. He helps entrepreneurs, leaders, and business owners grow and scale their companies 10x by driving the flow of elegant ideas, execution, and team-culture for greater clarity, confidence, and direction. Dan has been recognized worldwide for creating results with his resources, books, and strategies.
Meet Dan at http://www.DanKuschell.com
Get more access to Dan’s wisdom here: http://www.youtube.com/ChampionVision
Watch/Listen to the show: http://www.growthtofreedom.com
Tweet us at: https://twitter.com/dan_kuschell
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/dankuschellpage
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dankuschell