How to make your message an Amazon Bestseller, the Entrepreneurial Lifestyle, and Balancing Business and Family, with my kids Kira and Kyler, and Rick and Liz Thompson [PODCAST 43]
Do you believe that you have a story to tell or a message to deliver to the world? Even more importantly, do you believe that you can get that message out as a bestselling book?
It’s possible. Not only is it possible, today I’m going to introduce you to two people who can show you the exact way you can make it happen.
My 4 guests on this episode are people I dearly love and care about – My two children, Kira and Kyler, and Ric and Liz Thompson, co-founders of Done For You Solutions and Next Best Sellers. That may sound like an unusual combination of people to have on one show, but if you take the time to listen it will make perfect sense to you because this edition of Growth to Freedom is not only about getting a bestselling Amazon book published, it’s also about balancing your business and entrepreneurial drive with the need for your family to be healthy and strong.
Ric and Liz are experienced entrepreneurs and run a company that enables people just like you to get their story into book form and onto the Amazon bestseller charts. They’ve done it with over 100 books so far, and can do it with yours.
Ric and Liz are also dedicated to their family and are very skilled at living out the entrepreneurial life and lifestyle with their family in tow. They are the first to admit that there are struggles and challenges when it comes to mixing entrepreneurism and family life, but they’ve been able to do it so far with great success and are eager to share that not only should that be the case for every entrepreneur, but that it CAN happen as well.
In this conversation I chat with my kids about what it’s like to live in my home, which as you can imagine, is very much impacted by the world of business and entrepreneurism, and I ask Ric and Liz to pipe in with their insights regarding the struggles involved in doing both business and family as well. My kids are able to share their dreams for the future and Liz and Ric are able to share their great advice about communication, understanding, patience, and hard work that go into making the home/business balance a reality that actually works.
And mixed in with all of that is Ric and Liz’ advice about how you can get the ideas and experience that is uniquely inside of you, out and onto the pages of a book, and get it to the top of the Amazon bestseller list. That may sound like a pipe dream, or like something you’re not skilled enough to do, but I think by the end of this conversation, you’ll be a believer in what Ric and Liz can do for you, just like I am.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn in this show:
- [0:33] Dan’s introduction to today’s show and guests: Kyler and Kira, his children – AND Ric and Liz Thompson, founders of Done For You Solutions!
- [3:13] Who are Ric and Liz Thompson?
- [4:15] Liz speaks to the fact that everyone has a story inside them.
- [5:44] The advice Ric and Liz give to parents who are creating a business.
- [8:31] Ric and Liz share their lowest points as entrepreneurs.
- [11:01] Kyler and Kira share the “Kuschell Values” – C.H.A.M.P.I.O.N.
- [13:00] Advice Ric and Liz would give to their 20 year old selves.
- [14:35] Dealing with fear as an entrepreneur.
- [19:20] The questions Dan’s family asks each other often.
- [21:02] Kyler’s plan for becoming a billionaire.
- [21:44] Kyler and Kira’s definitions of selling and marketing.
- [22:20] Strategies and tips for getting started with publishing your work.
- [24:55] What makes a person buy a book?
- [26:43] The application of the old AIDA model to book sales.
- [29:24] What if you’re not a “good writer?” Can you still publish a bestseller?
- [32:16] How to connect with Ric and Liz.
- [33:08] The details of their workshop and the different options of how you can achieve bestseller status.
- [34:00] If you can move past your fears, you can do it.
- [36:07] How family, entrepreneurship, etc. are all the same thing.
Connect with Ric and Liz:
Resources mentioned on this episode:
This show brought to you by Done for You Solutions. Outsourcing doesn’t have to be difficult. Whether you’re looking for customer service, optimizing your website, or a virtual assistant to help with reporting, data, or research, Done for You Solutions can help. I’ve used Done for You Solutions for years and they help simplify. Click here to learn more and let the founder Ric Thompson know that you heard about him from our show.
Genius Network is the place high level entrepreneurs go for collaboration, contribution, and connections not available anywhere else. Members get strategies for exponential growth and opportunities for deal making, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and more. Membership is by application only. Click here to learn more. I was one of the original members when Joe started it in 2007 and today I get to help grow the company in my current role. You can also learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event here – which is the one time per year the group is opened to non-members.
People mentioned on this episode:
ABOUT DAN KUSCHELL:
Dan Kuschell is a success driven business growth strategist, a media contributor, and thought leader. He helps entrepreneurs, leaders, and business owners grow and scale their companies 10x by driving the flow of elegant ideas, execution, and team-culture for greater clarity, confidence, and direction. Dan has been recognized worldwide for creating results with his resources, books, and strategies.
Meet Dan at http://www.DanKuschell.com
Get more access to Dan’s wisdom here: http://www.youtube.com/ChampionVision
Watch/Listen to the show: http://www.growthtofreedom.com
Tweet us at: https://twitter.com/dan_kuschell
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/dankuschellpage
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dankuschell